OUR MISSION:

EMZ is a non-profit, fitness organization dedicated to inspiring members of the community to unite in becoming healthy, fit, and active by providing and promoting free and low-cost fitness classes and health education opportunities.

EMZ Instructors:

Beti Tua'efe, Betsy Vakapuna, Billie Sosi, Dana Rossi, Lila Latu, Liu Vakapuna, Maki Yamagata, Meliame Vaikeli, Satomi Biggs, Sela Langi, Sela Misinale, Sinai Pauni, Sisilia Misinale, Twig Larkin

Donations kindly accepted :)

Friday, December 14, 2012

Caralee Lambard Hand

Let me introduce you to Caralee Lambard Hand.  She's one of our faithful members at EMZ.  She's been attending over a year now.  She also plays a key in keeping our class going by opening the doors each morning.  Thank you Caralee!

Here's Caralee's story in her own words:
I heard about EMZ several months before I actually started attending. My son was going to seminary in the stake center where we meet now. We'd drive past the building behind the Hook and Ladder every morning, and we wondered why there were so many cars there at that hour of the day. We went to a Stake Youth Council Meeting, and Mahina was there and telling everyone about EMZ. I thought about going, but didn't because of the seminary schedule. When school was over for the year, I ran out of excuses not to go. School was over, it was free, and just up the street from my house, so I started going. I had a pair of pants that was way too small for me. I couldn't even make the button and button hole meet, because my stomach was so big. After a week or two, I could put on the pants and button them, but it was still tight. A few months later, I could fasten them completely. My goal is to put them on and wear them comfortably. I can wear them, but it is still kind of snug. I have lost about 20 pounds, but some of it has come back. I am hoping to break the plateau I have been on, and to lose some more. I do not want to go back to where I was a year and a half ago. I recently hit my 50th birthday. In my family, that is a scary decade, because of the health problems several family members have had. We've had run ins with heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. I hope that by doing zumba on a regular basis, I will be able to avoid those things.

 
 
April 2007

July 2011

 
November 2012
 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment