OUR MISSION:

EMZ is a non-profit, fitness organization dedicated to inspiring members of the community to unite in becoming healthy, fit, and active by providing and promoting free and low-cost fitness classes and health education opportunities.

EMZ Instructors:

Beti Tua'efe, Betsy Vakapuna, Billie Sosi, Dana Rossi, Lila Latu, Liu Vakapuna, Maki Yamagata, Meliame Vaikeli, Satomi Biggs, Sela Langi, Sela Misinale, Sinai Pauni, Sisilia Misinale, Twig Larkin

Donations kindly accepted :)

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Another late post: Tuesday Tip of the Day!

Please forgive me as I've been late posting our Tuesday Tip of the Day the past couple weeks.

Today's Tip:  Take things slow when it comes to "losing weight".  Sometimes we overwhelm ourselves by doing too much at one time and then give up...or maybe this applies to me only.  Something that has helped me - focusing on one thing until it becomes a habit and then adding another.  For example:  I began by food moderation.  I still ate everything I wanted, but in moderation.  Once that was able to do that on a regular basis.  I then added exercise.  I found an exercise format that I loved & looked forward to.  I kept at both and then when I felt like I was ready, changed the way I ate and cut back on the junk food & added healthier options.  It's a slow process, but it is one that has helped me maintain and keep majority of  the weight off for the past couple of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment