OUR MISSION:

EMZ is a non-profit, fitness organization dedicated to inspiring members of the community to unite in becoming healthy, fit, and active by providing and promoting free and low-cost fitness classes and health education opportunities.

EMZ Instructors:

Beti Tua'efe, Betsy Vakapuna, Billie Sosi, Dana Rossi, Lila Latu, Liu Vakapuna, Maki Yamagata, Meliame Vaikeli, Satomi Biggs, Sela Langi, Sela Misinale, Sinai Pauni, Sisilia Misinale, Twig Larkin

Donations kindly accepted :)

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Why?



EMZ in the beginning a couple months into it.
October 2010
.

HEB Hall...oh the memories.


EMZ today.

It's 4:45 am, been awake since 3 am.  By 4:15 I was awake and ready.  Now I'm just waiting until it's time to leave.  This is a first.  Those that know me and know me well, know that I am not a morning person.  Over the past year, almost two, I've learned how to be a 'morning person'.  Every now and then I ask myself why?  Such as this morning.

Then as I go back and look at old pictures, I am reminded why?  I am reminded of the diverse group we have built -- from young to old.  I am reminded of the elderly people that come early and anxiously wait for class to start.  I am reminded of the individuals who do not feel comfortable in a 'gym setting' for different reasons.  I am reminded of the individuals who are physically challenged that come out each morning even though it takes them about 10 minutes or so to get from their car to the building, it doesn't stop them.  I am reminded of the individuals who are struggling financially who would love to take part in the Zumba craze but can not afford it....and the list can go on if I were to share each person's challenge or success and their efforts to come out each morning.

What began as an avenue for me and others to "practice" has turned into something much more.  I'm not going to lie, there are moments where I wonder, is it worth it?  And as I sit and THINK...I am reminded of the love I have grown for everyone who is a part of this group.

Thank you EMZ Crew, you have taught me much more than Zumba!


1 comment:

  1. OH MAN!!! This post put me to TEARS Sinai...especially because you & I spoke a lil' about this later that night...but reading this makes me understand it MORE!! I didn't get to thank you for the "PEP TALK" that night as well!! I totally took that in...and it helped me out SO MUCH on Thurs morning w/the stake zumba! You are right, it is SOOO WORTH it!! I am SOOO GRATEFUL!! I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT EMZ!!! You & EMZ have changed so many lives for the BETTER including mine!!! THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!! LOTS OF LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete